Meet Your Buckhead Orthodontist
Born and raised in Orlando, Florida, Dr. Levin, a third-generation orthodontist, graduated from Tulane University with a Bachelor of Science in neuroscience. He then received a Master of Arts in medical science from Boston University School of Medicine completing a thesis entitled, "Cloning and Expression of a Mutant Recombinant Human mTLL-1 Enzyme." This was followed by a Doctorate of Dental Medicine from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine where he was awarded the Everett Shapiro Endowed Prize Fund in Orthodontics. Dr. Levin went on to complete a residency in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics at Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics where he published a review article, "Skeletal Stability and Neurosensory Disturbance with Bilateral Sagittal Split Ramus Osteotomy," in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and wrote a manuscript, "Acceptability of Nasolabial Angle Change by Orthodontic Patients." He currently sits on the Advisory Board of the Jacksonville University College of Healthcare Sciences.
Dr. Levin is one of the few orthodontists in the area board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, a distinction held by only about 30% of all orthodontists.
Why an Orthodontist in Buckhead?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Levin continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Levin has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Buckhead Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Buckhead orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Buckhead orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Levin Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Buckhead area.